It’s no surprise many of you are looking for Eco friendly cars, especially with the rising fuel prices, but how do you get the most out of your car.
Today we look at some basic Eco driving tips:
1. Forward plan and anticipate. By reading the road ahead you will be able to make a plan of action prior to arrival at a junction or hazard, in turn this will be smoother and less rushed
2. Don’t over-rev your car, a diesel usually likes a gear change around 2,000 revs whereas the petrol counterpart wants nearer 3,000
3. Look to stay in a higher gear when possible, be careful not to labour the engine too much as this will increase fuel consumption
4. Ensure your tyres are correctly inflated, a slightly higher tyre pressure will eek out an extra few mpg on a long run
5. When looking at statistics for your car, ensure you check the combined fuel consumption rating
So what cars are best to buy for fuel economy? Take a look below for the current top 10 most efficient cars:
Check out Auto Express’s fuel efficiency article here.
If you have any further questions, want to check if you are an eco friendly driver or needs some extra tips please contact us here for one of our Eco driving courses.